Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Of course, I will always attempt to search first, ask questions second... but I must now request help from the experts regarding originality as it left the factory:

Vehicle: '66 US version Duetto S1

Was OLIO cap cadmium or stainless?

What is the correct number of ears, color, pressure rating and verbiage for radiator/expansion cap?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
21,668 Posts
Oil cap not stainless. Seems to me they were zinc colored in period, not gold cadmium.
Radiator cap, I looked in the R&T test from July 66, it's a rounded, two-ear cap, rivet in the center, stamped-in writing if any, no sticker no it. GTV and Super tests from 67 and 68 show the same cap.
I don't recall yellow cad on anything on these 105 cars then, I think zinc color again. I don't think cad came in til the late 2000s.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Oil cap not stainless. Seems to me they were zinc colored in period, not gold cadmium.
Radiator cap, I looked in the R&T test from July 66, it's a rounded, two-ear cap, rivet in the center, stamped-in writing if any, no sticker no it. GTV and Super tests from 67 and 68 show the same cap.
I don't recall yellow cad on anything on these 105 cars then, I think zinc color again. I don't think cad came in til the late 2000s.
Andrew
Yes, easy to polish and it will be quite glossy too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts