Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No relation to seller, blah blah blah. Haven't seen a black on black Duetto before- kinda like the "Darth Vader" of Duettos! Be interesting to see what it ends up at- the bidding on the '69 on eBay is up to $24K with about a day to go- still far short of his reserve of "around $31K" or buy it now of $33K :eek:- oh, well, back to work.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alfa-Romeo-Duetto-1600-Spyder-67-Duetto-RARE-45000-original-miles_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ5356QQihZ012QQitemZ220148836941QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
Dan:

Yea, that is an interesting car. I was especially taken with the shot of the dash, with the black vinyl pads above and below the painted dash face, plus the black gauges - black on black on black.

I would have thought that a Duetto with a black exterior would have had a dark red interior. Or even saddle. But, I guess the dash pads are always black.

Still, it is a beautiful example - at least in the ebay pictures.

·
Premium Member
21,945 Posts
The 69 Spider on eba in Oregon was recently sold (here on the BB) by my friend Chris to the current seller. It's a very nice car, but has been pretty modified by the current owner in the short time he's had it. I can comment on it if anyone's interested and wants to email me. I drove it a lot before it left Berkeley and it was probably the most smooth, together 105 car I've ever been in.

I will keep my opinion to myself on the wire wheels on such a car, and the yellow custom tonneau.

Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts