Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Nice handle Canguro and welcome to the BB.
Switching to a later style (68 & newer I think) shift lever and shift gate mechanism will solve the problem. The newer style uses an automatic reverse lockout as opposed to the 'push the shift knob down' type. Parts should be readily available and installation should take a couple of hours tops from inside the car.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. I'm hesitant to replace the lever as I'd like to keep it as original as possible. I read where some have resorted to electric tape to dampen the vibration. Any other ideas out there?

·
Registered
959 Posts
I unfortunately have no idea how to fix the noise problem, but I noticed your handle too - and thought that this picture just had to be shown:

Alfa Romeo Canguro - a 1964 concept car by Bertone, developed by Giugiaro on the basis of a TZ2. Who would have thought it possible that the TZ2's near-perfect lines could be bettered?! Although the car wasnt put into production, some of the styling clues can be found in the Montreal. Possibly the prettiest Alfa never to hit production!

(sorry for getting the thread OT)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Giugiaro's masterpiece is certainly a design to lust for. It's too bad Alfa management declined to do a production run along the lines of my other favorite Alfa, the 33 Stradale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts