Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am almost ready to start reassembling the heater box for my 1967 Duetto. I am missing two parts:

The expanded aluminum grill that fits in front of the fan.

The grommet for the hole that the rubber heater hose exits through to go back to the engine.

If you have either of these parts to sell, of if you know a source for parts that will work for either of these, I would appreciate it if you would let me know.

Thank you,
Chris

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, DrinkMan!

I had ordered the expanded metal on a few occasions (Grainger, etc.) only to find it to be too heavy, the holes too bit, or something else. It looks like they have it in stock at my local Home Depot so I can look before I buy!

Highwood Alfa in England has the grommet for the hole where the heater hose goes through the firewall. The dimensions are probably right, but it does not look like the decayed grommet I took out of my heater box (the firewall one is a bell shape, the heater box is not). I will probably have to get a grommet that fits the hole and cut it to fit the hose.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just went down to my local autoparts store and looked over their grommet selection until I found one that fit for the heater hose. It was very tight (yes, I lubed it with glycerine) but worked great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts