Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My headlight buckets are incomplete. I'm missing the cap and clip on one of them. I need at least those pieces, but would buy a complete bucket if anyone has one.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I bought nos ones from okparts in germany.
They have tons of hard to get parts on hand!

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought nos ones from okparts in germany.
They have tons of hard to get parts on hand!
Thank you! I checked out their web site and they do have 3 different headlight buckets.

I'm not certain any of the 3 that they list are what I'm looking for.
One of them might be, but their photo isn't definitive.
The description is "Headlight bowl 7" plastic 750 / 101 / 105 / 102 / 106".
There isn't anything plastic about the headlight bucket parts I have from my Duetto.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
You may want to shoot them an email as their website doesn't cover all of their parts....\
The ones I bought were metal, NOS and matched yours perfectly.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
They don't have them anymore. I checked
If I am wrong, let me know, as I have half a bucket too.

·
Super Moderator
10,908 Posts
My guess is that you have a European-delivery Duetto. The bucket shown in your OKP photo looks like a US-delivery style. The difference is that European cars had separate reflectors and bulbs, so their buckets had what you call the "cap and clip" that allowed the bulb to be changed without disturbing the reflector (and headlight cover). US cars came with sealed-beam headlights, so when a filament burned out, you had to remove the bulb-reflector unit it from the front - rear access wasn't needed.

750/101guy's suggestion of contacting OKP is good - being based in Europe, they are likely to have this style of bucket, while US-based sources are less likely to have them.

Note that a US-style bucket - even one from a squaretail spider - will function just fine, but will require more fiddling every decade-or-so when you need to change a headlight bulb.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
I doubt you'll find those 2 piece bowls with the rear beam adjusters other than second hand (and even then!).....here in europe (Bertelsbeck, victorparts etc) they show the correct looking bowl with cap and clip in their diagrams, then when you click on the photo it shows a normal one piece bowl.

I know of one 'used' but decent carello bowl for sale here in Germany.....but it is missing the end cap and clip, so not much use to the OP (but might be of use to someone else..!)
Original Alfa Romeo Spider Rundheck / Fastback Scheinwerfertopf von Carello 105486507502 - Willkommen in unserem Online-Shop

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
I have one of those buckets from a Duetto with the removable piece to access the bulb and it's clip. $50 plus shipping from 97013. I'll get a picture and post it tomorrow.
Stu Moss

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I doubt you'll find those 2 piece bowls with the rear beam adjusters other than second hand (and even then!).....here in europe (Bertelsbeck, victorparts etc) they show the correct looking bowl with cap and clip in their diagrams, then when you click on the photo it shows a normal one piece bowl.

I know of one 'used' but decent carello bowl for sale here in Germany.....but it is missing the end cap and clip, so not much use to the OP (but might be of use to someone else..!)

Original Alfa Romeo Spider Rundheck / Fastback Scheinwerfertopf von Carello 105486507502 - Willkommen in unserem Online-Shop
spiderserie4, Thanks. I've got a bookmarked for that site now. Looks like another great source.

You may want to shoot them an email as their website doesn't cover all of their parts....\
The ones I bought were metal, NOS and matched yours perfectly.
They don't have them anymore. I checked
If I am wrong, let me know, as I have half a bucket too.
101/105guy and Dr.G, I emailed OKP, but they responded that they do not have the bucket that I'm looking for.

I have one of those buckets from a Duetto with the removable piece to access the bulb and it's clip. $50 plus shipping from 97013. I'll get a picture and post it tomorrow.
Stu Moss
veloce430, Thank you! I'll wait for the picture. But that's sounds perfect.

I found this=35euro+shipping
franjo, That's the correct bucket, but its also missing the cap and clip. Its that cap and clip that I really need. But thanks for finding that for me.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just in case anyone else is looking:
there is a duetto bowl and an end cap in italy, selling separately (a pity though, no clip)

https://www.spitline.com/index.php/

search: 'calotta faro'
spiderserie4, Thanks for your help. I've bookmarked spitline.com for future reference.

Thats a rather unfortunate url. It doesn't translate too well into english. :smile2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts