Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent purchase of a Duetto came with a factory hardtop. Having owned convertibles since the early 60's I am not a big fan of hardtops. There is always that one day you want the top down and you are stuck with a " coupe". I have had Alfa's with hardtops, but none original. Sold them all and never used any one of them save for the drive home after purchase. The one on this Duetto is 7/10. Good glass, no structure damage, good interior. The outer skin shows its age and it may be missing one chrome trim piece. That's about it.
I am considering selling it, but not sure of its value other than undoubtedly more than I can afford to re-buy. I am restoring the Duetto for future sale as I can only drive one and I will keep my other Duetto that I have owned for 45 years.
Any thoughts on a fair value would be a big help.
Thanks, Jon

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I have no idea of it's value but a Factory hardtop for a Duetto has to be gold. I saw a factory hardtop a while back to fit an Alfa 2600 spider and it was being offered at over $2,500, can't remember the exact figure. Seems like it was maybe $2,700. The old Parrish Plastics hardtops for any Alfa are selling in the $200 range. But they are junk and priced as such. Absolutely no comparison.

·
Registered
8,071 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hardtop

Thanks for the input.
The one on eBay does seem low...may just be the opening price?
The good news is the photo shows that I am missing the chrome strip on the leading edge of the front. No doubt not an easy replacement.
Jon

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
The one on ebay is missing the left side glass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts