Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insteresting Duetto for sale in the Western Australia,

1966 Alfa Romeo Giulia Spider Duetto

Turbo Twinspark. I'd love to take that for a drive!

No connection to sale just noticed it appear on the site...

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The conversion looks very well done but soooooo wrong. Duetto's are sublime cars with the original 1600, sweet as and so well balanced. The last thing they need is more power, toque and a modern exhaust note.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
yep, 'fraid in this instance I am in agreement. The good thing is nothing that has been done to the duetto can't be undone.

However, I would ditch the modern alloys, seats, (1/2 cage perhaps is ok), the alloy accelerator pedal would have to go, and I must say I really don't think I would want a turbo twinnie in it, if it were my car.

Its one of those conversions to a car which is perhaps better having been left standard. Hopefully the seller has the original wheels, seats and engine etc and they are included in the sale.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I remember seeing a turbo (twinspark?) conversion in a German Duetto quite a few years back. The acceleration it showed (me as a Duetto daily driver at that stage) was phenomenal in my mind

I'd do it in a heartbeat *L* just for s#hits and giggles mind, as long as it's completely reversible (then a diesel or v6)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts