Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Botched nose jobs...

I took careful look at the car listed above. With the exception of the car in Hemmings, ($$$$) the nose of all those Alfas look a little flat on the sheet metal just above the center grill. That's part of the charm of these S1(s).

:detective:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
My Duetto is being consigned to Automotive Restorations for resale, because it will not bring a decent price through any other means (IMHO). Nuts and bolts re-manufacutred. Original rockers - Texas car. 1st place open car at 2015 National AROC Convention, Second in special 50th anniversary Duetto class at 2016 Nashville National AROC Convention.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Beautiful looking car Cintos. Nicely done. Where did you get that battery?
I'd say a $120,000 Amelia Island Alfa.
Dr.G: Thanks for the kind words. I would love to get half that, but it may well be at Amelia Island if it does not sell privately prior to that. The battery is nothing special, just some real nice appliqué transfers.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Dr.G: Thanks for the kind words. I would love to get half that, but it may well be at Amelia Island if it does not sell privately prior to that. The battery is nothing special, just some real nice appliqué transfers.
I don't know man... Putting that "applique" on the battery will get you dinged by the judges. It is not "original. :crying2:

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
My Duetto is being consigned to Automotive Restorations for resale, because it will not bring a decent price through any other means (IMHO). Nuts and bolts re-manufacutred. Original rockers - Texas car. 1st place open car at 2015 National AROC Convention, Second in special 50th anniversary Duetto class at 2016 Nashville National AROC Convention.
Michael -

Why are you selling the Duetto?

You love that car :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Ah, LGBalfa! You cause me to revisit all my challenges with restoring an Alfa to meet the concorso gods's approval. Your photo shows the Duetto back when it had nice leather seats with headrests (from a '72) and crinkle coated valve cover (red) and cross-head air box (black), and the comfortable, nicely stitched leather steering wheel cover. Those, among other things, were regrettably restored to '67 specs with the original parts (vinyl seats, ugh) so as to gain the coveted O'Oro awards. I had the choice of selling it a great price or return it to a "lavishly updated" condition to suit my taste. As it is, the restoration of a '71 1750 spider is underway, and I will make that my go-to cruise machine. If I fail to get a proper price over the summer, I will certainly keep the Duetto, as the only pressure is seeing it idle as a trailer queen.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Ah, LGBalfa! You cause me to revisit all my challenges with restoring an Alfa to meet the concorso gods's approval. Your photo shows the Duetto back when it had nice leather seats with headrests (from a '72) and crinkle coated valve cover (red) and cross-head air box (black), and the comfortable, nicely stitched leather steering wheel cover. Those, among other things, were regrettably restored to '67 specs with the original parts (vinyl seats, ugh) so as to gain the coveted O'Oro awards. I had the choice of selling it a great price or return it to a "lavishly updated" condition to suit my taste. As it is, the restoration of a '71 1750 spider is underway, and I will make that my go-to cruise machine. If I fail to get a proper price over the summer, I will certainly keep the Duetto, as the only pressure is seeing it idle as a trailer queen.
I am actually upset that you removed the things that you liked just to make it period correct to win an award - especially removing the leather seats!

Why would you not just use this car as your "go-to cruise machine" as oppose to the 71 you are restoring?

The Duetto is much nicer than a 71 in every aspect in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
Very cool house in post 15; I almost did not see the beautiful Duetto.

Mark
Michael and I met at my friends house in CT.

Too bad my friend is not an Alfa guy.

He does love cars just not Alfa's.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Michael and I met at my friends house in CT.
Too bad my friend is not an Alfa guy. He does love cars just not Alfa's.
All that money is hard to hide! He'd probably like a T-33 Stradale, a Montreal, a TZ and an SZ -like me.

LGBAlfa: While the Duetto is the first of the 105 spider line and much more unique; the 1750 and 2000 series spiders each had definite improvements in power and drive-ability. All are good cars and nice to drive. After getting a Duetto in 1983, I sold my 1974 spider to buy a then new 1986 Mitsubishi Galant; a car that I hated and later sold to buy a new 164-S.

Mark

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
All that money is hard to hide! He'd probably like a T-33 Stradale, a Montreal, a TZ and an SZ -like me.

LGBAlfa: While the Duetto is the first of the 105 spider line and much more unique; the 1750 and 2000 series spiders each had definite improvements in power and drive-ability. All are good cars and nice to drive. After getting a Duetto in 1983, I sold my 1974 spider to buy a then new 1986 Mitsubishi Galant; a car that I hated and later sold to buy a new 164-S.

Mark
Michael's Duetto was probably one of the finest examples I have seen in person.

I hope he ends up keeping it.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts

Mark
Mark,

Do you still have your Duetto?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Mark,

Do you still have your Duetto?
Yes. If you click on the 'Garage' link under the picture of my first Touring Roadster being autocrossed back in the early 1960's you can check the Duetto out. I am certain that it is not as nice as Michael's but I restored it in the 80's and parts were more difficult to find then, without the internet. Many of the replacement parts came from AFRA in Italy; when they used to carry real Alfa Romeo parts!

Mark

1 - 20 of 30 Posts