Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am stripping my 67 Duetto for paint and am very intimidated by the wire and pully system controlling the door windows. My ultimate goal is to remove the chrome frame so I can replace the vent wing rubber(if available) and to remove the outside chrome trim which holds the rubber scrapper. Any options available without removing all the wire?

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jim

We are in the same process with a '69 Duetto.
Our conclusion was to remove the cable system after notes
and a lot of digital pictures ( all angles ).
Almost every car I've seen require that the window come out in order
to release the base hardware for the wind wing assy out.

In our case there was no choice, as we were taking the doors,
hood and trunk to be sand blasted and needed to completely disassemble.

Anyway, my $ 0.02.

Scott
'69 Duetto
'87 Verde

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Here's my 2-cents worth on this subject and I expect Bill S will agree.

The usual suppliers do offer a reproduction for the 115 Spiders but it's less than a perfect fit and for a 105 Duetto - it doesn't fit well at all!

Jim
Regarding the removal and refit of the window winding cable; the Roundtails use a different length cable than the Kamm-tails. If you remove it, it's a good idea to replace it with a new one. After all, originals cables have been in service for 40 years; generally stationary in one position. It's better to replace them before they break. You can find the cable material at sources other than ALFA vendors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replies....

It sounds as though the replacement vent rubber may not be up to original fit and quality. I experienced this with a 72 GTV I redid about 15 years ago. The replacement door seal and vent seals did not fit right. The rubber was very stiff, not pliable. The door was very hard to close, and I was terrified to crank on the vent wing.

Since the rubber in the duetto is not very bad, I'll just live with it.

Regards,

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts