Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a heck of a time finding a 19666/1967 Duetto dashboard with the 90 degree mounting studs. Just Dashes wants nearly $1400 to recover mine. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position. How many early Duetto owners are looking for new dashboards? Have you got any leads?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm having a heck of a time finding a 19666/1967 Duetto dashboard with the 90 degree mounting studs. Just Dashes wants nearly $1400 to recover mine. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position. How many early Duetto owners are looking for new dashboards? Have you got any leads?
Tom,

I purchased the dash with the 45 degree mounting studs from Mr. Fiat (the only place I could find it) for 650$. I then spent 3 plus hours with a die cutter, etc. to get my metal pieces to fit. It came out ok, but if I had to do it over again, I would just spend the money to have the original dash refinished.

Marc

Attachments

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I then spent 3 plus hours with a die cutter, etc. to get my metal pieces to fit.
I've been following your restoration, and was wondering how you got that to fit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What I did is I used a die grinder and reshaped the dash profile to a 90 degree angle. The fact that the fastening studs' were at a 45 degree angle was less then optimal, but I was still able to satisfactorily secure the metal dash panels to the molded dash.

My issues are that the quality of the moldings is not that good, and the replacement does not have the metal core that the original has. Like I said, knowing what I do now, I would just suck it up and spend the money to have just dashes restore the original , (even though I found them to be a little arrogant in my dealings with them), or just get a dash cover from Classic Alfa.

Marc

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I am interested as well.

OKP's website showed they had the '67 dash in stock (600 euros), I reach out to them and they did not.

Sooo, I am in the same boat as you Tom $1400 bucks is a big chunk of change.

Considering dash caps...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still looking. I would consider a dash cap but my gauge binackle has a crack across it. I could probably get that fixed at a reasonable cost. I'm looking for other dash restorers besides Just Dashes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts