Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My Duetto has been converted to hydraulic clutch, does anyone know what connections on the master cylinder are the inlet and the outlet to to the slave. My label has gone and disappeared and im stuck.

thanks

·
Premium Member
22,156 Posts
The larger fitting is from the reservoir, and typically has a non-tapered-end pipe fitting, as it isn't sealing high pressure, just gravity. The smaller fitting is the pressure side, going to the slave.
One way to be sure is to pour in a little fluid, then exercise the piston, and see which side squirts.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
22,156 Posts
Really; I'm surprised. Look at the pipes; the one with the "double flare" folded over onto itself should be the pressure pipe, and its matching hole should have a "slopes downward" bottom toward the center hole in it; the supply hole should have a "slopes upward" bottom of the hole, if that makes sense. If some has a cross-section view that would help.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
Then you have a stock Bonaldi as fitted to the 1750s.
The fitting pointing straight out the rear is the input. Angled fitting on top is the output.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, that would make sense, can you get refub kits for this cylinders, oe do you have to buy outright new ones?

·
Premium Member
16,232 Posts
I've not been successful in finding these kits although to be honest, I haven't looked very hard.
The issue with these cylinders is not the piston lip seal (that's the easy part) but the flat face seal at the rear that closes off the input when the pedal is applied. Then, if this sealing surface at the rear of the bore is rusted or pitted, an acceptable surface must then be machined.

Currently, the best solution would appear to be a new cylinder.

·
Super Moderator
11,124 Posts
Hi
My Duetto has been converted to hydraulic clutch, does anyone know what connections on the master cylinder are the inlet and the outlet to to the slave.
When you say "converted to hydraulic clutch", what exactly do you mean? Converted using parts from a '69? Converted to hanging pedals from a '71+? Or did someone weld in a clutch MC from a Chevy? Not knowing what you have makes it a little difficult to offer advice.

As Andrew wrote, if you have a '69 MC, the input and output fittings should be different in size. If they really are the same, then I can't guess what sort of MC you have.

To go from here, you might verify that those two input line fittings really are the same. And, you might post a photo or the part number of your clutch master.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts