Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove the Duetto up to LA to show at the Rodeo Drive Italian event last weekend. This was the first longer distance drive since completion of the restoration, and I am happy to report that she ran like a dream.
I highly recommend this show to other Alfa enthusiasts as there were a good handful of exceptional examples on show, as well as a pretty incredible assortment of classic Italian exotics. Despite the obviously expensive location, there are no tickets being sold; it's free to spectators.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tom. It's not easy to stand out with a Ferrari Lusso on one side and an Isetta bubble car on the other!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hard to Stand Out, Part 2

Let me add that benjyboards' Duetto was stunning and the overall show was great fun.

Here's a shot of my car, a mere '74 Spider, at the same Rodeo Drive Concours.

That is a 1960 Ferrari 250 GT Pininfarina Cabriolet Series II on one side and a 1967 Lamborghini 400 GT on the other. In the background upper left, with the trunk open, is a Ferrari 365 California Spider (very, very rare).

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the complements. She's not really built to be a 100% factory spec. concours car (AR 337 paint color code is from 1970 for example), so it's quite limiting as to where it's appropriate to show her.
I was invited to take her up to Monterey last year as the display car on Meguiar's booth at CI, but I must admit I am not a big promoter and I think most of the Alfa fraternity was unaware.
I will take the car out for interesting events that come along, and at a minimum, I will try and meet up with Chuck for a friendly run around the Malibu mountains, for a drive and photo shoot with the two cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts