Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a '67 Duetto, I need one Air Intake Hose Securing Clamp (the large clamp that holds the flexible hose in place between the Air Filter and the Air Intake.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
Not that I have one, but are you looking for the "RomaBlok" clamp style of the spring latch style? Some Euro vendors have the latter available.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
You probably know this, but be sure to get the correct length. Measure your circumference
and save yourself a headache. BIG HINT, protect yourself.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
I bought the CA item and it is adjustable as you assemble it. The bad news is that you have to fiddle the adjustment to get it just right and holding.

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
Spring clamp

For a '67 Duetto, I need one Air Intake Hose Securing Clamp (the large clamp that holds the flexible hose in place between the Air Filter and the Air Intake.
The correct size is 96.5 cm
Any clamp longer is easily adjusted.
Some where there is a retired Alfa mechanic with a drawer full of these left over. The same mechanic also has the radio delete plates as most dealerships installed radios as an option. Find this mechanic and many of our problems are solved. Somehow I have managed to not lose my original set.
Cheers, Jon

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
It seems that Alfa used either the screw RomaBlok or clamp-style interchangeably through the corssover tube life.

·
Premium Member
2,649 Posts
It seems that Alfa used either the screw RomaBlok or clamp-style interchangeably through the corssover tube life.
Plausible explanation. Every original Duetto, Super, GTV that I have encountered had the clamp style. USA owners and mechanics were more accustomed to the screw style and may have changed them out because they believed them more reliable. Keeping in mind that in the 70's and 80's originality was not a concern. Alfa's were many years away from being desireable

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,033 Posts
65 Super came to me with none. Very original 67 GTV came to me with rusty screwed clamps. I have seen lots of both in old mechanics stashes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts