Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Can you guys give me some guidance on how best remove the rear duck tail emblem without damaging the duck tail??

Thanks!
Ed

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Ed, I don't know the answer, but you should put your car's year in your signature block to help get to the right answer.

The early S3 cars (83-85) have a soft rubber rear spoiler with the AR emblem centered on the back of the spoiler. After that (86-90), the cars have a hard spoiler with the third brake light in the center. The AR emblem was moved the top of the trunk lid.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ed, I don't know the answer, but you should put your car's year in your signature block to help get to the right answer.

The early S3 cars (83-85) have a soft rubber rear spoiler with the AR emblem centered on the back of the spoiler. After that (86-90), the cars have a hard spoiler with the third brake light in the center. The AR emblem was moved the top of the trunk lid.
Yep..you have a point. Let me that care of that.
Thanks for the tip.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
83 would be soft spoiler. (signature edit would be better than a 'about me' change, but you tried and that's the important part :))

Best way to get the old ones off is to cut thier nubbin tabs by getting between the spoiler and badge with thin side cutters or careful hacksaw work then replace with new badges.

The harder way is to try and removes a few of the spoiler fixing bolts near the emblem you are after, but the bolt are usually rusted to **** which makes life more than a bit difficult.
Then gently lift the back edge of the spoiler and work through the hole in the bottom.

Great caution is advised though as the leading edge of the spoiler is glued to the decklid and trying to lift the trailing edge too far will result in either tearing the glue, or tearing the spoiler. One way will trap water and make for most excellent rust, the other way and you'll be looking for a new section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts