Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hmm concerned at temperature effects on seals etc. it is bloody cold - use it at work for medical stuff all the time.

Any metal will conduct heat/cold ? So all those gaskets etc movement?Leakage etc?

interested to know
Tim

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use "Dry Ice" for cleaning printing presses. It can not be used on plastic parts and we keep it away from rubber. Specifically, most presses use Festo plastic tubing to power pneumatic acuators. A very short blast will kill a 6 mm tube. I would not want to use it on wiring, fuel lines including the nylon ones that run from the tank to the fuel pump and the plastic plug seals in the floors.

It does a great job of removing grime. That grime can just be swept off the floor after..

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I used dry ice blasting on my 1961 SS. Just like a lot of things, results are very dependant on the operator. The guy I used involved a few different heads and different pressures depending on wheat part of the underside was being done. FWIW, I ended up as a happy customer.
Thank you for the reply, this is a relatively new tech for cleaning and prep work in restoration in the automotive and classic car industry. You really have to do your homework and find qualified people who know older cars to do the job. In my area there are not many outfits that i have found to be familiar with the automotive applications. i will find out who is qualified and knows this system in southern California and post what i can find. Cheers.....

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,212 Posts
I would think the suggested prices would be a big drawback for many.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thank you for the reply, this is a relatively new tech for cleaning and prep work in restoration in the automotive and classic car industry. You really have to do your homework and find qualified people who know older cars to do the job. In my area there are not many outfits that i have found to be familiar with the automotive applications. i will find out who is qualified and knows this system in southern California and post what i can find. Cheers.....
Humbly this is not true.
The pressure - nozzle and application allow for the specific use on wiring and plastics.

not all dry ice blasters are the same.

fir the original poster - look here for a reputable place near you. The process is amazing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Humbly this is not true.
The pressure - nozzle and application allow for the specific use on wiring and plastics.

not all dry ice blasters are the same.

fir the original poster - look here for a reputable place near you. The process is amazing.

Thank you Ballvice, turns out so far i didnt find anybody close to me with automotive applications experience. The link you provided is much appreciated.

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,212 Posts
There is an ad in the January/February 2022 issue of the Hagerty Drivers Club magazine, page 47, with a map displaying dry ice cleaning company locations around the US.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
There is an ad in the January/February 2022 issue of the Hagerty Drivers Club magazine, page 47, with a map displaying dry ice cleaning company locations around the US.
Thank you Del, looks like i am going to get my membership to this publication. Very informative. Cheers....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts