Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my latest project that I drug home today, a 71 that needs some TLC. It was way too good of a deal to pass up and I am not sure what the plans are for it yet. Its basically a runner needing some attention and a lot of cleaning.
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Hey its got a nice set of Panasports. Can't complain there. It should clean up ok.
Looks like a good find.

Will

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Looks like a great candidate to bring back to her former glory!!
Would you like a set of original '71 seats? Still have the black ones from a parts car.
Randy

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes on the seats!... it has a pair of black Recaro's in it that are coming out.
The car is not TOO bad, it has a 2L in it but I am getting the original 1750 for it next week along with new Koni springs and shocks, some sway bars and some other parts and pieces that the owner had been collecting for it. The 1750 was run out of oil (hole in pan) and I am not sure how bad it is. The car was backed into in the passenger rear corner where it needs some bodywork and a bumper. Looks like it was originally beige, then dark red and finally white. The inside looks like it will clean up good. The rats got under the hood and ate the plug wires and it needs a battery...It was used somewhat regularly until last spring when it was parked under an oak tree. I bought it from a local guy who is sort of a friend and although I knew he had it, I had kind of forgot about it until recently. Not too bad for $1500. I out of state racing this week and won't be able to touch it until I get back next week.
:D

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
not bad fort $1500? That is one heck of a deal! You did really well, congrats!

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Here's a few pics of the seats. Hope that they will fit your needs.
A little hard to ship......maybe someone going to "Best of France and Italy" show can bring them up to you.
Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I don't know if it will ever be as nice as the race car while I own it... I have too many projects as it is. ;)
Randy, I will work on getting someone to pick up the seats... I will be in touch as soon as I get back to California.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A little update... I have been cleaning it up, put in the new seats (thanks Randy!), powder-coated the wheels and mounted up new tires. The car has Koni shocks and red springs of some sort (Koni?), today I trimmed the rear's to lower it down and I pulled out the rubbers in the front... Now it is sitting pretty good, it looked like a rally car when I drug it home. Next is to replace a leaking water pump and put on the new Samco hoses and radiator shroud. It is getting close to driver status. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I hope that you spray a little black dye on the silver center panels on the seats! Should be fine for a driver.
Randy

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just cleaned the front seats and put them in to be able to drive it, the original back seat is still in. I will be ordering upholstery soon to recover them all.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mike, I already sold the Recaro's... They were SE's, the older black cloth ones and I sold them on Craigslist.

The car now has a Magnaflow/AlfaBB exhaust system, Thanks Simon!
It has received a bunch bits a pieces from fellow bb'er George Willet, who is always a great help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts