Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its almost finished. I picked up my '73 GTV from the shop today and drove it for the first time since I purchased it in 1999 for $500.00 (basket case). I still have to install the back bumper, new wood, shift boot and miscellaneous pieces but four years and $18k later, I drove it for the first time. I drove it home from Santo's (about six miles) and raced my buddy in his '95 civic with a vtec engine. Well, I am impressed with this little red devil of mine. Although stock, it kept up with the civic in first - third gear.
Next project - '69 spider.

See you Friday at Skatelab - Alfa night.

Alvin.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
i knew you'd like it...who couldn't?

eventually build that motor up and you will have a screamer! for now, just enjoy it, you will forget about every other car you have as time goes on...trust me on that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wowie

That sure is a nice GTV! I love the color and interior, great stuff. Good to see buckets turning into new car's again. 4 years of restoration sure is long, you must be a horny dog. Enjoy the GTV, because I sure enjoy mine.

By the way, did that civic have a flat tire? Them civcs are fast, faster then GTV's for sure. My gtv is so slugish from a standing point. Once it's moving though that's another story.

Regards

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Congrats Alvin! Sure was a long wait but it looks like she was worth it!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I routinely smoke all rice burners with my 64 Giulia Sprint. All you need to do is make sure you have veloce cams, add an ansa exhaust, get rid of the spica and put in Webers, add a lightened flywheel, and just drive like a maniac. Show no mercy. Educate the masses. God bless Italy and all the Alfa Romeo dealers of America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
generaljimt said:
drive like a maniac. Show no mercy
I agree with the GENERAL!

Zero tolerance to those who oppose or challenge the Alfa Romeo badge. When you encounter them its best to stop them at all costs. Trade paint, blow gaskets, and throw rods but by no means ever surrender.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dave, this GTV is fast from the get go. I know what you mean about slow starting, I had a '74 GTV that I sold last year, that car had a slow start and felt tapped out at 90 mph. This '73 barks on the take off and when I pop the clutch after shifting to second (no crunch on the tranny!) I got lucky, the drive train came from a parts car (I only replaced the clutch). In regard to the civic, no flat tire, he smoked me but I kept up through third gear! This car feels very light, not like my GTO(350 horses @ 4200lbs). I have to get a feel for the car before I push it on the turns. See ya all on Friday!

Alvin.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Lou, you should think about keeping your GTV. A little paint, a little interior work and you'l end up with a sharp car.

I found a buyer for my GTO today (got a deposit) if it was not for the '69 Duetto (Spider but it's a Duetto to me) that I plan on resurecting, I would make you an offer on your car.

Alvin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts