Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys have been having a bit of a problem with power from the battery. Have had the alternator and regulator tested and they are running at around 13.9 volts, by the time it gets to the back of the car it is still putting out 13.8 volts. When we did the test on the battery it was running at 11.5 volts, but their was no seepage from the battery. First thing I did was took the battery back and got another one but after a day of driving round it has also dropped. Car starts fine but when it sits at idle the climate control panel will start going on and off once the battery drops under the 12volt mark. I've also noticed that when the thermostatic fan cuts in the voltmeter on the dash takes a dive. So anyone got any ideas on what could be draining the battery ?? I'm actually thinking the fan, or is it I'm not using the truck battery approach that everyone seems to have (I've only got a Bosch B68 battery in the back. Any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers
Trevor

·
Premium Member
27,524 Posts
So get a load test on battery and alternator. How many amps will your alternator put out? Did you check regulator the see if brushes getting worn down? Did you check each cell in battery for fluid level and specific gravity?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alternator as I stated is putting out approx 13.9 volts and holding , as for the battery it is brand new and I had a load test done on it on the day I swapped it since I wasn't getting stung with another **** battery. All cells are full with fluid and the specific gravity is correct. The only thing I haven't done yet is check the brushes and regulator.

Cheers
Trevor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts