Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The floor pedals in my duetto makes for tight quarters when it comes to shoes.
I've been wearing Merrell Yokota hiking shoes when I drive it.
They have a close fitting, wrap around sole which I like, almost like rock climbing shoes.
They're getting old and I'm considering replacement options.

What do some other folks use?
Thanks!

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have the same problem with wide soled shoes and don't like driving with flip flops. I just use some thin rubber sole canvas shoes from Tom's. I think the style is called alpargata. They came in a small fabric bag, which I keep them in on the parcel shelf in my Spider. Easy to slip off whatever I'm wearing and slip on the Tom's when I get in the car.

I also keep a pair of thin leather gloves in the bag for cooler days with the top down.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should dust off my checkered Vans that I wore during the 1980's skateboard era.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have a few pairs of Piloti driving shoes, but the company went out of business a while back.

Prior to the Piloti's, I often wore ASICS Tiger's Mexico running shoes. The thin soles gave good sensitivity to the pedals.

Footwear Shoe Product Outdoor shoe Walking shoe

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Is it possible to reposition the rubber pad piece to the left to give yourself a little more room?
You can adjust (heat and move) the peddles left or right and for height/travel. Of course you might want to take that beautiful carpet out before you get in there with the oxy 😁

But its got to be, who's never had a pair of these.

Footwear Shoe Walking shoe Sneakers Sportswear

·
Registered
74 Spider 78 Spider 84 Spider
973 Posts
ok guys...it's an Italian car...ya ever been to Italy? I have. Dress like Italian men and you will not have any issue...they don't wear boots or tennis shoes, flip flops, etc. They enjoy being well dressed at all times with finely fitted leather shoes...dress shoes or loafers...

·
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, even the Carbinieri (military cops) dress well!

Horse Equestrian helmet Plant Working animal Bit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts