Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am looking to get a set of driving lights fitted to my 1985 33 and i was told to get a driving light bar thing that screws in behind the number plate so you dont have to drill any holes in the bumper. I had a look at these on ebay and im not sure they would work as the number plate on my 33 sits low on the bumper and then the bumper comes out above the plate so i dont know if there is enough clearance for the light bar???? Anyone know about this or has anyone got any other suggestions or has anyone installed driving lights on their 33??? Also do you have to hook the lights up to a seperate switch?
Cheers

·
Registered
755 Posts
You could try and find some period Carellos? Now and then they turn up on ebay, more of a fog light than a driving light, but whats the difference? Just angle them toward the ground and you have driving lights!
I think for the 33 the best place for any additional lights is behind the cutouts on the left and right of the bumper, usually hidden with a blanking plate. Thats where the original fog lights were fitted if you ticked the option box when you bought your 33 from the dealer. Mine I cut out and made them larger, allows more air through the aircon condensors and a bit more air flow through the engine bay, and with upgraded wiring to the headlights and 100W bulbs theres not much need for driving lights - refer to my wiring post and diagram (that no-one paid attention to!!:rolleyes:)
As for wiring them in, a seperate switch would be the way to go...especially if a cop decides to call them "foglights" which are illegal to have turned on in normal conditions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts