Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good condition used driveshaft for a ’79 Spider. My driveshaft has seen better days as the transmission olive has worn through the bushing and into the driveshaft itself!

So at a minimum, I prefer the driveshaft to have a good front bushing. Ideally, a plug and play driveshaft would be perfect.

Would also like the eight (8) driveshaft bolts too but these are not so critical.

Shipping to 47203.

·
Super Moderator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
12,376 Posts
So it sounds like you only need the front driveshaft - not the rear. Alfa Parts Exchange probably has a mountain of them.

·
Registered
551 Posts
So you want both the front and rear sections? (The rear is a two piece assembly that has two u-joints, the front has the carrier bearing assembly.)
You also want the bushing that fits in the flywheel?
What about the rubber donut?

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I would like both sections (F&R). I am trying to weld up the one I have but this will take some time. Plus I would like one for a 'spare'.

I have the tophat and doughnut already. Good call on the bushing in the flywheel as I have not checked this but should be okay since the front part of the mainshaft looks good.

Chip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.