Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe someone can help me, I am rebuilding a spare driveshaft because I have a terrible rattle come from the current one, one I rebuilt not too long ago. Anyway, bought a used one on ebay, took it apart and noticed it only had one slinger on the center support bearing, so I ordered two new ones, becaue the IAP catalog said I needed two... Now, looking at the shop manual, it only shows one for the Milano... when I had two on there, the one not shown on the manual seemed to slide around a bit and did not center itself... Any chance this is what is causing my rattle? I am going to swap the transaxle for a rebuilt spare because the current one has a leak I can't seem to stop, so I will swap the drive shaft at the same time.

Thanks!

·
Registered
362 Posts
My rattle turned out to be that the front pinch bolt was not tight enough. Once I really torqued it the rattle went away. Make sure you try this simple fix. I did every else first, including redoing the center bearing.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you use one or two slings in the center support bearing?

I did the front split in steps of tightness until the 10.9 bolt broke, the rattle never went away....

·
Registered
362 Posts
Did you use one or two slings in the center support bearing?
Can't remember off hand. I'll try to take a look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts