Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
These are available only from those few who stocked some for their own use, or who have cars being broken up. Eurpoean car breakers may have them. There are some who can braze up broken handles (contact Fast Company in New Jersey for one possibility). The best work-around I know of was suggested by someone whose name I've forgotten: attach a pull strap to the door rod where the handle contacts it and use that to actuate the mechanism. Properly done, it could look almost stock (or somewhat "retro"). That poster mentioned that at least one classic Alfa (maybe a GTV variant?) had a pull strap for an inner door handle, but I know nothing of that. It just seemed like a worthwhile idea.

Some folks have fabricated complete handles from steel, but the know-how and tooling aren't things that just everyone has. I hope this helps. I have an extra front passenger side (right side) inner handle I might consider selling to a deserving individual.

Michael

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are available only from those few who stocked some for their own use, or who have cars being broken up. Eurpoean car breakers may have them. There are some who can braze up broken handles (contact Fast Company in New Jersey for one possibility). The best work-around I know of was suggested by someone whose name I've forgotten: attach a pull strap to the door rod where the handle contacts it and use that to actuate the mechanism. Properly done, it could look almost stock (or somewhat "retro"). That poster mentioned that at least one classic Alfa (maybe a GTV variant?) had a pull strap for an inner door handle, but I know nothing of that. It just seemed like a worthwhile idea.

Some folks have fabricated complete handles from steel, but the know-how and tooling aren't things that just everyone has. I hope this helps. I have an extra front passenger side (right side) inner handle I might consider selling to a deserving individual.

Michael

Thanks a lot for your input Michael!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Make a $40 donation to the BB send me a copy of the Paypal receipt and I will mail you the door handle. I will pay for the postage as well.

·
Registered
460 Posts
What about 164's in the UK? They use the other front door as their primary entrance. What about swapping our right door handles for their left handles?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seller Information: [email protected]

This Payment will appear on your credit card statement as "SUPPORT"

Receipt ID: 1449-8892-2044-8214 Placed on Jul. 11, 2007
Payment For Quantity Price
AlfaBB.com Site Donations 1 $40.00 USD
Subtotal: $40.00 USD
Sales Tax: $0.00 USD

Total Amount: $40.00 USD