Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to take off the rear driver side fender liner. Is there a secret to taking it off? It appears that I have have to cut it to get around brake connections to remove it. Any suggestions? I am somewhat crippled as my CD will not work with Vista. Terry

·
Premium Member
26,815 Posts
I am trying to take off the rear driver side fender liner. Is there a secret to taking it off? It appears that I have have to cut it to get around brake connections to remove it. Any suggestions? I am somewhat crippled as my CD will not work with Vista. Terry
You should not have to cut it but once you remove one long screw in it and two screws underneath that attaches it to long body fairning under doors and remove front inner liner the easiest way to get rear inner liner out is to remove strut and spring assembly so you can sort of roll rear liner counter clockwise out and over brake lines as there is a tab on it that slips behind brake lines and brake and ABS wiring. You have to pull out some on long lower fairing under doors to to get rear bottom corner of liner to come free at bottom rear corner.

You have to roll it in clockwise to get tab in behind brake lines.

I know others will tell you that you don't have to remove strut and spring and yes they will be right but you will find it much harder to remove liner without damaging it with strut in place.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Careful prying with a large screw driver did it for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts