Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. could someone post an exploded view of the drive shaft and its associated components (from the transmission to the differential)? The section is mising entirely from my parts manual! Thank you! Also any do's and dont's in rebuilding would be much appreciated. Cheers,

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Hi, all. could someone post an exploded view of the drive shaft and its associated components (from the transmission to the differential)? The section is mising entirely from my parts manual! Thank you! Also any do's and dont's in rebuilding would be much appreciated. Cheers,
Here you go...

It is a tricky one to rebuild. I got halfway thru then got disctracted... here's my thread

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/gt-1965-1974/195169-driveshaft-rebuild-questions.html

Attachments

·
Super Moderator - Alfa Romeo Expert
16,232 Posts
Not all GT Jr shafts are the same. What series Jr do you have and what is the publication number of your parts manual?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!

Thank you both for your reply!
@ r-mm: the diagram is really helpful. Hope you pick it back up
@ papajam: not sure i know what model the drive shaft is from; I'm updating a race car i purchased in Canada..a long story by itself. The car started life as a 1971 1300 GT Jr and has a 1750cc motor;not sure what all was done to the motor (still waiting on the specs from the builder). I am hopeful that it has the 1750 or 2000 driveshaft. If you could tell mme key differentiators I will be able to identify it. As for the parts manual, i just got home from the garage I am using to work on the car; i'm going back tomorrow and will get the publication date

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Jim, sorry it took me a while; no publication number anywhere on my 2 manuals (the original "landscape" factory versions. One is for dates July 1969-Sept 1970, and the second one, April 1971. Both are 818 pages and the pages and illustrations for the driveshaft are missing on both!

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,603 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts