Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the red 164S fuel pump repaired and installed just in time. Its now the daily driver as the 164B has developed a bad pull to the right and vibration. It only seems to happen when it is not loaded ie, not accelerating or decelerating. It starts suddenly when traveling at constant speed. It pulls sharply to the right and vibrates badly. If I push the throttle hard, the vibration stops and it steers normally. I can also release the throttle fully and the symptoms stop.
I had time to jack up the front. The suspension seems tight. I want to check the right drive shaft carrier bearing and 3 small bolts that hold it in place to see if they are tight. A job for next week end.
This car is soon to be a parts car, but I'm not finished moving from the green house to the new garage and its the only one with the trailer hitch.
I really hope I don't have to buy another ugly blue truck.

·
Premium Member
27,458 Posts
Sounds like it is trying "to pull ya to the curb" If wheel bearing going bad is it causing brake caliper to bind?

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe, but when I had it jacked up I spun the wheel, no noise and lifted up/down and side to side...no looseness.

·
Premium Member
27,458 Posts
Well if you have to have a truck rent one from Lowes or Home Depot type home improvement store near you by the hour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts