Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys

I have an 84 spider and have he A/C running but there is a drip on the passenger side of the car inside is there a hose that sends that water to the outside of the car? If So

1. where can i locate it in under the dash?
2. How hard is it to replace and route to where it is supposed to be.
3. Who sells the hose if i have to replace it or fix it.

Any help would be appreciated

:D
Angel

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Water driping from the AC

Same problem on my Alfetta GT. I'm sure that it is water/ice condensing on the cold inlet, just before it enters the evaporator. My drain hose is open and it does drip water that condenses on the eveporator.
You could verify by doing a long drive with the AC. Stop, run around and check it out. Our your passenger could ride with their head down there and let you know. Whatever. . . .
Some day I will wrap it in some foam tape or something like that.
Bugs the heck out of the wife when she wears sandels and we go on long trips.
re: the drip hose that exits under the car. Not sure about the Spider but you can start from under the car and find the drip hose and then follow it thru the floor, under the carpet and then attaches to an outlet at the bottom of the evaporator. The hose in my Milano has clogged with leaves, etc. and I had to detach it from the evaporator it and blow it out .

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,859 Posts
If there's any exposed metal on the lines there it will condense and drip. The stuff you want is called tar tape. It's surprisingly tough to find but Napa Auto carried it.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Duhhh. I completely forgot I have that stuff. Bought it at Car Quest Auto Parts. Thanks for reminding me Gubi/Tom.
Its called 3M Strip Calk. 12"trips of black sticky stuff about the diameter as licorice. I used it to fill in the 2 holes where the AC lines pass thru the firewall.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,859 Posts
Nope, that's the wrong stuff. That's used for filling body gaps and is like modeling clay. Tar tape is a...well, tape. A thick tape coated in sticky tar. That's what you want.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much freeze 12 to use on a 1984 alfa spider

Hi, guys

well i went the freeze 12 route for my air conditioning I was wondering how many ounces should i put in for the air conditioning. I have already put in 24 ounces two cans. the system did not have R12 in it so i had to start fresh.

Can anyone let me know how much it calls for.

1984 Alfa spider

Angel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hopefully someone's still around to answer this.
You said the hose on your Milano was clogged.
I believe that's my problem.
Problem: I can't find it!
Will you please describe exactly where to find it?
I can't get underneath far enough to look for it and
reaching down along the firewall didn't help.
Thanks.
---Scott, Las Vegas

·
But Mad North-Northwest
9,859 Posts
US Milano? ~3/4" black rubber hose down by your foot to the right of the gas pedal. It comes up through the firewall and connects to the bottom of the airbox in the center console. Stick your head down in the footwell and you should see it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts