Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured out the water that is leaking into the drivers side foot area is coming from the drain hose that drains water from the trough just below the windshield. I'm sure this area is called something specific, I just don't know what it is. It is where the wiper motors and linkage are. Does anyone know where I can get a new hose for my '93 Spider Veloce?
Thank you.
Bruce

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I suggest that you replace the leaking drain tube as soon as you can. If you don't, the leaking water will collect under the driver's foot well and will result in corrosion to the floor pan that will cost big $$$ to replace.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just bought a replacement cowl drain hose from Centerline. I first tried installing clear vinyl hose bought at the local Ace hardware store. Though it looks as if it'd work, vinyl hose doesn't take the multiple bends required for this application -- it wants to fold and crimp instead of curve. The one from Centerline is "pre-bent" and went into place just right. I think that the other suppliers, like IAP, have the same product at about the same price. Now, if I never have to contort myself into that space under the dash again, it will be too soon. It's been a week, now, and my neck still hurts. DH.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts