Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
Oops. A little slow? Needs a better engine?

·
Premium Member
15,852 Posts
Yeah, he was very late off the line. Still, would have been close.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yeah, he was very late off the line. Still, would have been close.
Absolutely - but in the end, and if you go far enough in a straight line, raw horsepower will eventually win.
And the Porsche has 100 extra ponies.
Here are the head-to-head stats for the 4C vs Cayman II GTS PDK:
zeperfs duel 4C vs Cayman II GTS PDK

But I agree - I think the Alfa driver bungled the start. Without that, he had no chance.

Edit: I know it varies by region, but here this particular Porsche (regardless of transmission) is a good deal pricier than the 4C coupe. Probably around $30,000 dearer than even the Launch Edition. So a "competing" car in performance only. The C07 Corvette would be closer in price.
I guess it depends on the driving experience you are looking for, as to what you consider what the true competitors for the 4C.
Those 4C owners with whom I've spoken suggest it really has no equal, and certainly not in its price range. Including those who have owned or driven a Cayman S or GTS.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Evora would be the next closest new car for similar price.
Meh...
4C vs Evora:
Alfa Romeo 4C vs Lotus Evora [46862938]

Evora S is much closer in performance, but much pricier as well.
4C vs Evora S
Alfa Romeo 4C vs Lotus Evora S [46863713]

Caveat - performance figures quoted are based on Euro 4C weight.

Edit:
Not advocating it, but Corvette C7 Stingray vs 4C specs:
Alfa Romeo 4C vs Corvette C7

Of course, you cannot quantify the "Alfa Experience" - oh no, I think I'm being assimilated. Resistance is futile, I suppose?
:D

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not meant as an insult yet the alfa is not designed as a drag racer...

It's all about how the 4c makes you feel like a road racer as you enjoy driving one.

Remember the c7 z06 has an MSRP starting at 78 grand with 650 hp and tq with a curb weight of 3523 lbs...

The alfa charm is more about driving experiences...not quarter mile times..

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Not meant as an insult yet the alfa is not designed as a drag racer...

It's all about how the 4c makes you feel like a road racer as you enjoy driving one.

Remember the c7 z06 has an MSRP starting at 78 grand with 650 hp and tq with a curb weight of 3523 lbs...

The alfa charm is more about driving experiences...not quarter mile times..
Absolutely, but more power helps lap times as well, and I think it can make the car more enjoyable.

Greg,
HPSI Motorsports - Performance Products for Street and Race
OKINJECTORS--Gasoline and Diesel Injector Cleaning, Rebuild, Overhaul, and Testing Services

1 - 10 of 10 Posts