Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust system got FUBARed and a new downpipe would likely make repairs easier. here's what I need:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I had my muffler shop just make new '90s'. Probably cost me $50. But for $109 + shipping you could get a new whole assembly . . . .

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, I have an aftermarket header so that one won't work.

Larry at APES is scrounging around for one. I could go the muffler shop route also.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
as Larry looks, so will I. If I have one Pete, I'll bring it down when I bring "trannies" to Doc.
Do you need just the twin, down pipe 90?

·
Premium Member
13,983 Posts
When I needed custom exhaust work I asked around and found a guy who is a shift mechanic at Michelin and has a shop next to his home out in the country. I showed him what I wanted, bought the mufflers and left him to it. I ended up with two Alfa's that made good power and sounded great and the cost was very reasonable.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as Larry looks, so will I. If I have one Pete, I'll bring it down when I bring "trannies" to Doc.
Do you need just the twin, down pipe 90?
Yes. 2 pipes into a collector.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a snapshot from an old Shankle catalog. I need the pipe set that clamps to the 2 piece header.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Sorry Pete,
I have a stock piece not Shankle. Header connection is side by side to connect to exhaust.
Sorry for my misunderstanding.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Pete,
I have a stock piece not Shankle. Header connection is side by side to connect to exhaust.
Sorry for my misunderstanding.
No problem. Thanks for checking. I may have a pretty good Plan B,

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
To Be honest, why would anyone part with their "Shankle" Header Collector Pipe, (especially since these are prone to damage anyway), thus lending their headers "useless"? Making one of these at a muffler shop is not that big a deal. Just a thought, Bob

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya never know what someone has laying around and worth a shot.

I have the car on my lift and I'm doing it myself. A few trips with mashed up pieces to the muffler shop and parts store and I have it almost done now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts