Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
at the bottom of each door on my 79 there is supposed to be a wedge of some sort of material that fits into " pocket " on the door post , presumably to hold alignment and to keep the vertical load off the latch mechanism when the door is closed. each is held on with two Philips screws. both mine are gone. any idea where to get any ?

never mind... turns out everybody has them.

·
Registered
304 Posts
at the bottom of each door on my 79 there is supposed to be a wedge of some sort of material that fits into " pocket " on the door post , presumably to hold alignment and to keep the vertical load off the latch mechanism when the door is closed. each is held on with two Philips screws. both mine are gone. any idea where to get any ?

never mind... turns out everybody has them.
Just bought them from Centerline. Helps a tad with structural integrity. Much needed with our cars!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just bought them from Centerline. Helps a tad with structural integrity. Much needed with our cars!
they want almost 50 $ for two rubber blocks... that seems a bit high to me... but is what it is I guess. Iap has em a bit less and some guy on ebay has em for 1/2 ... oh well... no big deal.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got mine a while back from Classic Alfa in the UK. They were cheaper there and I already needed some parts that they had exclusively available at the time.

On their own the lower price my be absorbed by the shipping from the UK, but worth a look just the same-M5

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
I got mine from Classic Alfa too.
I'm for supporting the North American suppliers when prices are reasonable compared to others, but the two wedges including air mail shipping in a small bubble envelope, which arrived within 5 days, was only $18 complete. A far cry from the about $60 that IAP wanted with shipping to me in Canada, which still takes about 5+ days to receive by ground.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Nice to know that some things are cheaper over here! I always smile when I see discussions on the high price of gas for you guys in the US :rolleyes:

Back on topic, I eventually traced a very annoying squeaking noise to a split in one of these rubber wedges. Like a lot of these noises it wasn't obvious where it was coming from but a replacement brought peace and quiet (not exactly quiet, being a Spider, but you know what I mean).

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice to know that some things are cheaper over here! I always smile when I see discussions on the high price of gas for you guys in the US :rolleyes:

Back on topic, I eventually traced a very annoying squeaking noise to a split in one of these rubber wedges. Like a lot of these noises it wasn't obvious where it was coming from but a replacement brought peace and quiet (not exactly quiet, being a Spider, but you know what I mean).

I ordered up two from " mr fiat " . 11 $ each plus shipping.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Not sure where I bought mine 6 mo ago , but think they came from England also!

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
you get what you pay for

The inexpensive ones are made from a synthetic material, PVC I think.

The pricey ones are made from genuine rubber, which is softer and more flexible.

I have tried both and prefer the rubber kind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts