Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

yesterday I wanted to install my doors and I could not find the part, which takes the srews of the striker/latch at the b-pillar.

I have a picture before disassembly, but the doors were taken off by someone else. I think it looks like there has to be some kind of plate with 3 threaded holes behind the b-pillar? Can anyone tell me what I am looking for or where to buy?

thanks
Christian

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
You are searching for the part hidden behind the pillar which holds the nuts for the three striker screws. It is a C shaped sheetmetal piece with the nuts welded on. Normally it is hooked in place by small steel tabs, but it can move around a bit so you can adjust the striker position.

Sometimes it falls from the hooks, maybe it is sitting at the bottom of the fender.

I have never seen it offered for sale. You would have to pick it up from a scrap car, or to make one yourself using the other side as a pattern.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I should have some of these. But is the screw plate handed. What does the other plate do? the spacers are washers coming in 0.5, 1.0 and 2.0 mm thicknesses.

IMG_20200406_200919.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
They are handed. This is the right side. I'm not sure what the spacer does but it was behind the threaded plate. Does anybody have a part book with a break down?

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Ok so as Yves said the thin plate holds in the threaded bracket allowing it some movement for alignment. It must clip to the body. Quick look and not found in parts book but likely there somewhere.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW thanks, that is what I am looking for. Scarp Alfas in Germany are really scarce ;-).

I have definitely not had that in my hands, so I will check, if it fell down. I have a feeling, that my painter took them out and did not put them back. As he has gone out of business, that might be a problem.

Does anyone have some to sell?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Here is the kind of tricks memory plays on you. As Brk photo shows, it is a tapped plate, not welded nuts that you thread into. And yes, the thin part is there to hold it clipped. You don't absolutely need it, just a bit more caution during assembly. Anyway, you will have to remove the inner trim panel to reinstall the threaded plate so you can hold it there until the latch is screwed in.

But first check that it hasn't fallen into the body cavity below; second I think Ken is going to look in his (abundant) reserve; third if all else fails Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange or APE has loads of dead Alfas and will ship you one. You would need to phone him to make the arrangements.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
OK after every one has probed with the magnet on a stick or equivalent, if some one still needs some parts let me know. I still think the screw plate can be used on either side.

Ken
DSCN8925.JPG
DSCN8926.JPG
DSCN8927.JPG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts