Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1986 Spider Veloce
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I was giving the car a rinse to get the road grime off after our little trip recently and when I opened the doors to wipe them down I noticed the Door Striker block was on the passenger side was half gone. When I touched it it just crumbled in my hand. (it was partly gone already, then the bottom part fell off.)

2020-07-31 14.02.24-1.jpg

Figured I'd check the drivers side to see what it was supposed to look like and that one was gone too. :LOL:

2020-07-31 14.03.29.jpg

Two questions:
  1. Will it cause long term damage to the door the longer I leave it? Should I focus on getting the part quickly or can I leave it until "my next order" which could be weeks away.
  2. In the meanwhile, should I leave what's left on there, or better to remove it and leave it as "just screws" or no screws?
Looks like this part me thinks.

ClassicAlfa has it too
RB061 SPIDER DOOR BUFFER - RIGHT (and they have left as well)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,162 Posts
Just order a pair. They support the door instead of causing stress at the strike and hinges....

·
Premium Member
1986 Spider Veloce
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was definitely going to order - but I’m trying to put together a larger order so if I can wait till like Sept I’d prefer to.

If you told me I’d be replacing the door hinges if I let it go too long I’d get an order in Monday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,162 Posts
In my opinion it depends on how much you use the car. I personally would replace them immediately.

Reactions: Lantheaume

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Most cars I see do not have them intact. Order a pair and just drive it until they come in. No worries.

·
Registered
74 Spider 78 Spider 84 Spider
549 Posts
if you had a block of hard rubber on hand you could probably make a pair easy. But they are likely only a few bucks anyway.

·
Premium Member
1986 Spider Veloce
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Centerline is OOS & they are $45

Classic Alfas are $7 each

I need a few more thing so I’m going to get a cart together.

Might need a fuel pump (new thread coming once I get the video uploaded)

·
Registered
747 Posts
I drove the car about two weeks with nearly non-existent door buffers - I think the door would rattle a little bit because of it. I ordered them from Classic Alfa on a Thursday and had them on Monday (I'm in SoCal). I just replaced them a month ago.

·
Premium Member
1986 Spider Veloce
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@alfa63 - it’s likely been a long while I’ve been driving with them missing in some form. Never noticed a thing about it until I was cleaning the doors. (Like @pantera928 said - mine could be missing for ages before I even noticed, let alone ordered one)

In all things Alfa & auto mechanical - I don’t know what I don’t know. Could have been a “fix it ASAP” issue risking the doors coming off 😬. I’ll get it on the short list per @SkiBum, bit I won’t stop driving it in the meanwhile.

Maybe I’ll hop in dukes of hazard style to not use the doors :ROFLMAO:

The shipping from Classic Alfa is the thing - It’s over 2x the cost of the parts. Trying to make a bigger order to see if I can spread the cost of the shipping across more. (Love their website though!)

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Hey Adam,
If you can wait a while,, I can dig out a pair you may have. They're just sitting in storage, not like they are gold but they are old stock.
I'll send yo my info
Greg

·
Premium Member
1986 Spider Veloce
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Adam,
If you can wait a while,, I can dig out a pair you may have. They're just sitting in storage, not like they are gold but they are old stock.
I'll send yo my info
Greg
That’d be super appreciated!
Thank you!!!
I’ll look for it in conversations.

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Hey Adam,
I'll send yo my info
Greg
@alfa63 - it’s likely been a long while I’ve been driving with them missing in some form. Never noticed a thing about it until I was cleaning the doors. (Like @pantera928 said - mine could be missing for ages before I even noticed, let alone ordered one)

In all things Alfa & auto mechanical - I don’t know what I don’t know. Could have been a “fix it ASAP” issue risking the doors coming off 😬. I’ll get it on the short list per @SkiBum, bit I won’t stop driving it in the meanwhile.

Maybe I’ll hop in dukes of hazard style to not use the doors :ROFLMAO:

The shipping from Classic Alfa is the thing - It’s over 2x the cost of the parts. Trying to make a bigger order to see if I can spread the cost of the shipping across more. (Love their website though!)
Thank you!!!
Thank you!!!
so
Thank you!!!
sorry Adam, I'm having problems sending conversation??

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Not sure what is going on, I keep getting "can not start a conversation w/you"? I had all info ready to send,, but no go! I'll try again later,, sorry.

·
Premium Member
1986 Spider Veloce
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure what is going on, I keep getting "can not start a conversation w/you"? I had all info ready to send,, but no go! I'll try again later,, sorry.
No problem!
I sent you a message to see if you got it.

We’ll get connected. Really appreciate it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts