Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up buying these as I couldn't anything else suitable, they are quite expensive at £70 and the finish is so so. They will eventually be covered so am not too bothered. They fit fine and even with my 916 seats there is enough space on both sides. Found them on FleaBay, searching "door pockets speaker mini".

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
So...the 916 GTV seats DO fit In a 105. They are a great looking seat.
What did you have to do to install?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So...the 916 GTV seats DO fit In a 105. They are a great looking seat.
What did you have to do to install?
Weeeellll....they kind of do. Drivers side on a LHD is easy as there is more space, passenger side is a little harder. Firstly the reason I tried the 916 seats is that they are easily available, cheap, and I am 1.96m tall. Also I do not like softer old seats and being 115kg need some support!

Anyway I also realised that nobody is ever going to sit behind me, the car is functionally a 3 seater. However on a LHD as the passenger area is narrower you have to butcher the seats a little. Namely take out the recliner spring. The reclining mechanism is operated by an axle which sits inside a thick tube (as such). I set the angle I wanted and cut the spring off and part of the mechanism. Next job is to reduce its size and reweld the lever. This will return the ability to recline the seat, however the spring will be gone which means it needs to be done manually.

On a RHD car it will be much easier as you can set the driver seat to one position and forget about it, whilst retaining all functions on the RHD Passenger side.

None of the holes line up, so its new fittings/brackets everywhere unfortunately. I'll post some pictures later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts