Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
File this one under "am I missing something or just stupid?"
I need to remove the door panels on my 84 spyder. Ok..The top strip was easy. Bottom screws and snaps, no problem.
Now..the armrest. OK...pull off the adhesive center accent piece and there is the back screw.
OK so far. But now I am stumped. I could spend hours pulling on it..or ask. There appears to be some sort of retainer for the front of the armrest...but I cannot find it. And there is no obvious release for the doorhandle.
What's the hidden combination?
..Keeth Lawrence
84 spyder

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Hey Keeth,

I pulled the door panels off my '81 Spider. Should be the same set up as in your '84. There should be three phillips head screws holding the armrest on. Two behind the strip you pulled and one behind the triangular piece of plastic.

The door handle should have a small flat head set screw holding it on.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Kai is right on everything except the door handle. Alfa got wise as they went away from the set screw on the side. On the 84 model you must pop the black plastic cover off the door handle first (there are a couple of tabs to press w/ a flat head screw driver on the back side of the handle). And then you will see a large phillips head screw through the center of the door gear. Ba ba bing and the panel will be off.

Best Regards,
John M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts