Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a new door panel and the british outfit sent me the panel and some plastic make/female clips. Not enough for all the holes but I figure you don't have to hit them all. With that came two metal clips. The old clips were in two bottom holes on the door , bit they would just get in the way there so I am puzzeled as to what to do with these things. Are they for wires?? Appreciate any help!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
there should be 4 of those, which fit into 4 plastic "receivers" [per Door]
they go in the 4 positions seen in this photo (which shows the 4 plastic receivers - NOTE: the PN on the photo is incorrect, should be 60722158)

Note: the aftermarket steel clips in your hand are smaller than the originals, but still work ok.

the rest of the clips [10 per door] are the normal plastic type that pop into the remaining holes in the door, without receivers.

There is also a black receiver top right of passenger door; top left of driver's door...where the steel pin of the armrest clips into, no #6 in diagram.

The receiver that takes most all of the force of pulling shut the door is the green one (#10 on diagram) just visible in photo, top right. 2 per door. A screw goes thru the armrest into each of these.

photo borrowed from BB
also see page from the parts catalogue, if of interest:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey, Thanks for the quick reponse! I just don't see what function they serve as there is nothing on the panel, old or new for them to fit into. I must be missing some basic concept here.

Took me a while to realize I'm better off mounting minus the speaker and then installing it after.

Having trouble getting pic attached

Darn pic will not attach. But where those two holes for the metal clips are where i have white male inserts on the panel
. This could be a mistake since the upolsterer went from the old quite damaged door panel. I keep trying with the pic

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
there should be holes on the door card, right?

If your upholsterer made the panels and there are no holes, just go with what you have....but you certainly need something at that bottom edge or the card just pulls away from the door whenever you pull it losed.

Don't forget the weathersheeting in the door, or your new panels will last but a week in the rain;)

you slide the U-shaped bit of that metal spring clip into this hole, basically so the panel now fits between the "U"

the old clips are a better size and hold better, but I have used those modern ones like you have in my S4 door panels, so they do work.

Photo explains better what I mean

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So looks like there should be holes where i have male inserts. I will use the inserts, Assume clips are to aid installation

1 - 6 of 6 Posts