Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Battatani jack with a serrated base and a set of door openers for post-65 Alfa spider?
Help needed in mating part to a series car and a guess as to value. I do not need them, but someone does.....and I would donate the door openers to a needy Alfisti. Images attached.

Ciao.

Larry Benson

·
Administrator
3,730 Posts
The jack has the saw toothed base, so is a 105 item, very similar to 750/101 which had a smooth, slightly domed base with ribs - this one will look just fine in a 750/101 car - better than nothing else. Best not to actually use any of these jacks as the pot metal gears have a nasty habit of failing and dropping the car

Technically this thread should be in the Sales section, so please won't the needy Spider owner for door latches and the missing-a-jack owner who is willing to accept a close match step up smartly and reply to 330.gtc's offer

Grazie
Greig

·
Administrator
3,730 Posts
Hi Jan

Yes it will work and will fit into the holder brackets in the boot / trunk.

It's not 100% correct, but better than nothing

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Thank you Grieg!

I will by it. I don´t have any jack for my Sprint.

Best regards, Jan
Jan, if you´re not in a hurry with the jack, I´d recommend you to wait for the correct one instead as in the end you´ll probably pay the same amount of money, except you´ll have the correct one.
You could also go for this one (which you´ve probably already done by this time I guess) to put something in your car and source the correct one later.
I´ve actually done so with my 1600 ´62 Spider, now the 105 jack I had (the same as your one) is somewhere in the States.
What year Sprint do you have? I´ve a 1600 ´62 one.
Dennis

·
Registered
30 Posts
Jan, if you´re not in a hurry with the jack, I´d recommend you to wait for the correct one instead as in the end you´ll probably pay the same amount of money, except you´ll have the correct one.
You could also go for this one (which you´ve probably already done by this time I guess) to put something in your car and source the correct one later.
I´ve actually done so with my 1600 ´62 Spider, now the 105 jack I had (the same as your one) is somewhere in the States.
What year Sprint do you have? I´ve a 1600 ´62 one.
Dennis
Hi Dennis.

I have a 750 Sprint from 58.
Jan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts