Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched extensively and can't seem to find an answer to this problem, so please bear with me, and if you can help speak up please! Months ago I broke the outside lever on the drivers door handle- apparently this is not uncommon- and I picked up a used handle on ebay to replace it.

Yesterday I started the replacement- got the inside door panel off, window out of the way. Today I removed the handle to fix, but in doing so the whole thing fell apart and now I don't know how it is suppossed to work. (Yes, you can laugh at me now.) :eek: The mechanism is back together and in, put the door won't latch and release properly.

My repair manual is no help, and I haven't opened up the passenger door yet, although I will if I have to. Anyone have any diagrams?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ya, I find it works best to kind of jump in, real smooth like. The ladies love it. Absolutely love it. Can't get enough of it. Primo move. :D

A female friend of mine asked me if I ever got in without opening the door once, so I tried it the next time we went somewhere, and wow, maybe it would work if I practiced a lot, but I ended up on my back with one leg on the windscreen. It was absurd. Real awkward. She laughed for a few minutes and dared me to do that if I go on a date in the near future...

When you take apart the passenger side, you might consider taking digital pictures with every step - an easy way to make a map back to what it started out as.
Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It worked out on its own- I sprayed some WD-40 inside, went inside for lunch, and when I came out it worked. That's the way to do it!
-climbing in over the door to impress the ladies wouldn't work well for me, I am a "lady". Ok, well, with this grease all over my hands maybe I'm not...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ha, cool, I actually logged back on to say that WD-40 made my door latches/handles work a lot better a while back. I actually used some teflon based spray after the WD-40. I can't remember what it is at the moment, but it is supposed to last a bit longer.

Happy motoring!

-H

1 - 7 of 7 Posts