Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am looking to get a set of door keys for my 1969 1750 Spider Veloce. It is my understanding that the keys would be stamped Torino and would start with the number 4 or 8. I have located a local locksmith that has blanks for those keys.
I am told that the door keys should be the same as the trunk keys. To remove the cylinder for the locksmith, it appears that it would be easier to remove the trunk lock ( by the release lever on the door jam) than removing the door panel, door lock, etc.
I am trying to figure out how to remove the trunk lock so I can give the locksmith what they need to make a set of keys. If anyone has any idea how to do this it would be much appreciated...

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Hello all, I am looking to get a set of door keys for my 1969 1750 Spider Veloce. It is my understanding that the keys would be stamped Torino and would start with the number 4 or 8. I have located a local locksmith that has blanks for those keys.
I am told that the door keys should be the same as the trunk keys. To remove the cylinder for the locksmith, it appears that it would be easier to remove the trunk lock ( by the release lever on the door jam) than removing the door panel, door lock, etc.
I am trying to figure out how to remove the trunk lock so I can give the locksmith what they need to make a set of keys. If anyone has any idea how to do this it would be much appreciated...
I have found that many times, locks have been changed and the keys that fit one place won't fit another even though they should. This has happened on two of three cars I have worked on recently. The door handle may be a little more difficult but it is not that hard and you will know that you have a working key. Your luck may be better than mine.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,149 Posts
I believe there are 5 different key profiles. So, the locks on your car all need to have the same profile. The best way to find out is to insert the key that you have into each of the locks. If it fits, you're good to go to the locksmith.

To get to the lever, you'll need to remove the screws holding the black plastic panel to the inside of the car. Then, carefully bull the whole thing forward to gain access to the back side. Then, you should be able to remove the bracket holding the lever to the plastic panel. After that, you should be able to figure out the rest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts