Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very close to finishing my restoration of a 74 GTV. I bought the car in pieces and the doors were already taken apart. I hung the doors today with no internals. Can someone provide me with the order that the pieces need to be reinstalled. I have the cable type winders. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will wing it. Just not sure how to get the glass back in and if the top stainless trim goes in first.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I had removed the glass and replaced the felt trim myself many years ago, but I'm not completely sure on walking you through the steps... it's been awhile.

Slide the glass from the top of the door (careful, don't let it drop) and connect the cable(s). I had first installed the top stainless trim first to minimize excess wobble while I lowered the glass down into the door.

If needed, keep asking questions. Either I or another member will get you going. If needed, I will remove my panel, or door card and walk you through the assembly or tell you what I see on my working unit.

-Doug

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it helps anyone else. I installed the front vent window first. Second the outside horizontal trim. Third the door latch and activator. Dropped the window into place and then the rear window guide. Then the exterior lock and handle followed by the cable winder and interior top horizontal stainless trim. I did not disassemble my car do it has been difficult having no reference. HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts