Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,011 Posts
Hi,

I'm trying to remove one of the doors. Have unplugged the electrics and removed everything but the seond half of the door hinge pins. How to remove these? Pic attached.

Thanks,

Richard
164 series 2
You just remove the 10mm hex head bolt from bottom of that top hinge and the 10mm hex head bolt from the top of bottom hinge and lift door and outer hinge halves off the inner hinge halves.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You just remove the 10mm hex head bolt from bottom of that top hinge and the 10mm hex head bolt from the top of bottom hinge and lift door and outer hinge halves off the inner hinge halves.
Thanks Steve,

The top and bottom door hinge pins are reversed, so one needs to go down the other needs to go up. From what you've said though I assume these second pin halves are just pushed in, although on my own car the second pin halves have an internal hex head (Allen key) while these ones just have a slot. Seems to indicate some kind of screw action. Is this possible?

Sorry, just re-read your reply and you were referring to the pin reversal I've just described. I'll try pulling the second pin halves out - still confused as to why they have screw/inner hex heads though.

Cheers,

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts