Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some door hinge mounting screws for my '71 GTV. I'm doing a hinge repair and some of the screws are damaged. Please PM me!

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
Gene:

Since you are here in the OC, just drive on up to Garden Grove and get 'em at Hillco Fastener Hillco Fastener Warehouse Hillco might only have allen heads, and not phillips like the originals, so if you really want to achieve a 100.0 point solution, OE parts from Larry at APE would be better. But, your old screws probably got munged up from trying to deal with the phillips heads - allens will handle more torque.

Note that Hillco's website only lists a small fraction of what they carry - your really need to go there and wander around their bins of fasteners. The owners are real hot rod and classic car enthusiasts - kind of a fun place.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Jay! As always you have the solution. Funny thing though the screws that are in there are 5mm allen heads! I would strongly prefer allen heads or torx to phillips. I can't believe how stuck mine are and it looks like someone previously went after them with a slightly too small standard size allen wrench. Straight thread except a steep taper at the end to help get it started. And a cut on the steep part at the end kind of like a self tapping screw. If these don't sound standard then can someone please provide a picture of one that is?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts