Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd love someone to make a pair for me, but the cost of shipping from USA would exhaust my resto budget...... I may have to make a pair myself.

Would have been nice to install an aftermarket reproduction instead.

·
Registered
956 Posts
all you need is to find some thin rigid black sheeting vinyl(around 1mm) and then you can trace it using your existing handles..takes a bit of time to get it right, but not all that difficult..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish I had a sample of the original, no matter what condition. Then I could create a correct replica. Even a photograph would help. Failing that, I'll do as Benicia suggests and trace around the handle housing. I'll probably do a 2D Cad drawing of the result so at least my version of this gasket will be on file to share. I imagine there will be a lip (recess) on the original around the inside of the handle casing. If an original one comes to light I'll measure it and then perhaps one of you kind 3D experts can create a file for future use.

Thanks to everyone for the input.
Rob

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi
I have a spare door handle so I had a look this morning;
The gasket is a thin rubber part of 2.5 mm.
I will check with a round rubber thread if it's works and I will take all dimensions for a 3D file.
Bernard
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Grille Hood
Hand Finger Electronic engineering Electrical wiring Electronic component
Hand Finger Electronic engineering Electrical wiring Electronic component

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is a sketch of my suggestion for a rubber door handle gasket. If any of you 3D experts feel like using this to create a file for a 3D printer then charge on - send it to me and I'll give it a go at the local print shop Who knows, it may become a welcome addition to the growing collection of friendly forum services........

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not visible? I had assumed they would be similar in detail to those on my spider (see below). They would look much better if you could see the black rubber gasket behind. Of course, they'd be easy to make if they were simply cut from a rubber sheet. 3D printing wouldn't be necessary - just a waste of time.

Automotive parking light Grille Hood Automotive lighting Car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts