Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I need to take the door cards off my 83 GTV6 to sort out a problem with one of my locks (it has fallen into the door cavity :eek: ) and whilst I am there I will look to sort out anything else that needs doing too.

Problem is that I have never done anything like that, can't find any information on how to do it and don't want to bugger up the quite good condition ones that I have. Can anyone give me a description of what & how to do it?
Cheers
Marty

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I had the door panels off my 86 last winter when I upgraded my speakers. The card is held on the sides and bottom with plastic inserts that plug into the metal door. I popped them out with an an interior removal tool. It's thin and looks like a wide bladed screw driver with a notch cut out of the middle. You also have to remove the thin rubber insert in the arm rest that covers 2 screws that hold it on. Once the bottom and sides are loose you push up the card to get the top out of the slot it fits into. You can then move it around to clear the door handle. Don't forget to remove the plastic door lock knobs.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome Randy - that was exactly the info I was after!
Cheers
Marty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts