Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I´m having a problem with the doors on a 69 1750 GTV.

I´ve attached photo of the door latch ( is that the correct term? ) as it should be when opened, in kind of a 4 o´clock position.
But sometimes after opening the the door the latch stays in a 2 o´clock position, and this results in metal hitting metal, and the door bounces back.

Any ideas as to why this happens? Is there some kind of spring mechanism thats a wee bit loose perhaps?
Or have the guys who put this baby together gotten something wrong?

BTW, when the latch is stuck in the 2 o´clock position it is possible to turn it to its correct position by hand...

Attachments

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry, the picture got rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise for some reason.

So, the 2 and 4 o´clock references need to be adjusted to 11 and 1 o´clock ;)

·
Registered
426 Posts
May I suggest you watch

Starting at about 14:21 minutes Daron begins showing what adjustment need to be made to the latch and receiver to get a door on an GTV to close properly. I believe Daron shows you what you need to adjust to solve your problem, or at least where to look for the problem.

Bob

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
But sometimes after opening the the door the latch stays in a 2 o´clock position...
The latch should not stay in the open position when the door handle is released.

If it's staying in the open position and not catching the safety in the striker plate, I'd check the latch mechanism and the spring return on the latch.

I'm assuming this is a new issue for you, and the door worked properly and closed smoothly prior to this problem. If not, then view the video mentioned earlier in this thread.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Great video by the way.

Its gotta be the the spring return on the latch that is loose or missing I guess.
I´ll pass the info on to the owner :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, its got the new thick seal, so it takes a little power to shut the door.
But, I guess the real problem is the latch not reurning to its correct position...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts