Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question....

I'm trying to install the door's stainless steel belt molding on the door. It doesn't want to stay in place and it only has a rubber lining to grab hold of the top edge of the door. There are no screws to hold it on. It creaps up as soon as I let go. Can't imagine that this piece would stay on a 150mph. :D

3M Weatherstrip Adhesive might do the trick, but before I make a mess, does anyone have a better idea?

Thanks.

P.S. It's the staight piece along the bottom edge of the vent window.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Where did you pick up that new molding?

I am missing one, and I have not found it out on a couple of the sites I buy parts from.

Thanks,
Bruce

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not new -- just the original part except it was polished using a bench buffer.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mystery might be solved. The stainless molding is straight as a runway, but the top edge of the door has a crown to it. It's slightly higher in the middle and tapers down towards the front and back of the door.

I'm thinking of trying to coax a little curvature into the moldings. Stay tuned for "Oh $#!T, I buckled it !!!!" :eek:

Does anyone else see a curvature in their doors? You have to gunsight down the door.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Just looked at mine, the door does have a small crown, the stainless piece looks straight. The leading edge on both sides sticks up a 1/16" or so and the rest is just straight. i wouldn't try to bend it.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Osso. I saw the notches in the molding, but didn't recall the clips. Time to dig through the part bags to find the clips!

Happy 4th!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone has any extra clips for the outer belt molding, we might be able to strike a deal.

Thanks.

Regards,
Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts