Alfa Romeo Forums banner

261 - 266 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #261 (Edited)
It started! Never done anything like this before so I really felt accomplished last night! I’d take it out for a spin this morning but we have 6” melting snow on the roads. No exhaust behind the headers, so It was a bit noisy.

Son playing Xbox this morning and called me over to look at the car he is racing. Thought that was kinda cool.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Fabricated a new license plate bracket as the original was too low. The 74 GTV’s have the trim piece that I took off. This was the plate on my 71 1750 GTV that I sold, Hope it hasn’t been taken, I plan to go next week to get the car tagged.
BFE6600E-D842-4635-AFA7-427D4AC9095F.jpeg

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Put a gallon of gas in the tank to get it started. The AN fittings are leaking gas. Should I use some tape around the fittings that attach to the fuel pump? Seems really wet around the pump threads.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #264 (Edited)
Also finished a big project. Took me a few hours to finish this. I converted the 74 grill to a 69 grill. Purchased from Centerline a few years ago and Joe said it would need some adjustment to fit. Had no idea how long that would take. It was about 1” too long.

I had to take the whole grill apart, carefully cut the frame and fabricate the trim piece. Then had to rivet it all back together. Sounds easy right.... well, 5-6 hours as I worked slowing to not make a mistake. Here is how much I cut out.

Turned out great. I need to take it off to paint the white behind the grill but glad to have this project completed.

I turned on the wipers last night, the right wiper immediately broke and a sharp piece of plastic scraped my new windshield 3-4 times before I got them shut off. Scared the crap out of me, but I got lucky. No scrapes on the brand new windshield!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
A couple more closeups

·
Registered
277 Posts
Congrats on the progress, looks great, I can imagine you are excited to get it rolling. One minor suggestion would be to paint those little brackets (holding an electric fan perhaps??) black so they aren't so visible through the grill. Keep up the good work.

261 - 266 of 266 Posts