Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just posting this for informational purposes. I bought a second V6 cam wrench from International Auto Parts. I bought one previously like a year and half ago and returned it becuase it didn't fit.

Now you would think in a year and a half that they would correct the problem. No Boss!!!

The cam wrench came in a Fiat/Lancia bag and is numbered 1820051000. The Diass version is A20361 and that is known to work.

I bought the same wrench off of Ebay and with the exact same number. Look at the picture. The top is the IAP version and the bottom is the Ebay one. The cam puller won't fit around the U shaped part because it is too thick. The bottom one fits perfectly.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
What a pain. Why'd you buy another one if you had the ebay one already?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought one from IAP cuz I lost out on one before on Ebay. The guy paid $96 for a rusted Diass one. Insane. So I ordered the IAP one thinking that they might have corrected the problem.

I spotted one on Ebay for $40 usd and figured it would be my contigency plan if the IAP one didn't work. So the IAP one is going back in the mail for a full refund!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
could it be that is fits on the newer 1 part type that are on the 164??

I noticed when I put the S in that the new type are one part. (I guess you can no longer change the cams with the belt on)

just a guess..

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The little card that comes with it says Alfa Romeo GTV, mot 2.0 V6 TB.

So that is obviously a 12 valve V6 turbo motor. The one I bought off ebay has the exact same part number. The pins line up identically. If you ground a few mm off the IAP one than it would work.

The IAP website says for V6 Alfas not 24V. The quality of the IAP one is far worse than the Ebay one. The prior one I recieved from IAP was silver and looked 300% better made but still didn't fit.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
did you call me? my phone crashed.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
It is the 12V I was talking about. The one out of a 164 has a one part system different then the one on the Milano that can come a part but keep the sprocket and berring together.
the one on the Milano you can take out the cam and keep the timming belt on. the 164 type you have to remove the belt.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I have one from IAP, but I have never used the big end for anything, what is it used for? I have the little gear puller too, all I use the tool for is to hold the gears still when I unbolt them or re torque them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts