Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sign in google
INVALID REDIRECT- new website code written by Obamacare webmasters??

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Web signin works on explorer, but videos don't work.
At the risk to me, because the complainer always gets blamed,

THANKS for the upgrade,
Reminds me of windows in the 90's.
Upgrades, sure

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I was still running DOS in the '90's, G. So these are heady times for me! I'm living on the edge, now. LOL

Microsoft jumped the shark at DOS 3.2
AlfaBB jumped it with the Enhanced Mobile Version.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Upgrades on the Alfabb and upgrades in medicine involve (young, good looking) salespeople telling you that you just don't know what you are doing, you're a dinosaur. Of course, the motivation of the salesperson is to sell you something, whether it works, or not. There was a time where the head nurse brought you a product for a while, then came back later and asked if it really worked, rather than simply shove it on you because it's lower cost, and to make a bigger bonus for the CEO.

The opinions of good practicing, participatory Alfabb'rs, and good physicians, should matter over profits.

However, if it doesn't work with a simple click, like to old site, how is that my fault?

Guess I'll just go turn into fossil fuel. No, won't do that, having too much fun with my projects.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
I though the 8286 machine that connected me to USENET was seriously tall cotton way back when . . . 0:)

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
From a C-64 to a PC-XT, 8086 with an 8087 math co-processor, hard on a card, CGA, and a clock card with a parallel port.

I will never experience a larger jump in technology. It was revolution. The rest was just evolution.

Halt and Catch Fire on AMC. The characters are amalgams of people I knew back when the PC was "invented". It's interesting to see the show capture it by and large, pretty much the way it all went down, back in the day.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
From a C-64 to a PC-XT, 8086 with an 8087 math co-processor, hard on a card, CGA, and a clock card with a parallel port.

I will never experience a larger jump in technology. It was revolution. The rest was just evolution.

Halt and Catch Fire on AMC. The characters are amalgams of people I knew back when the PC was "invented". It's interesting to see the show capture it by and large, pretty much the way it all went down, back in the day.
Preceded of course by a generation or two of wonderful, reliable IBM Mainframes running multiple partitions each with stable, managed virtual address spaces. Took Microsoft years to get their O/S sorted and reliable.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sign in on Google "invalid redirect" Do I get consulting fees? What was wrong with the old site? More advertising revenue for Alfabb now?

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
Sign in on Google "invalid redirect" Do I get consulting fees? What was wrong with the old site? More advertising revenue for Alfabb now?
It's simply unclear what you mean by "Sign in on Google" (I'm logged into Google in a separate window all day long).

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I attempt to sign in with Google chrome, I can't sign in. Dr.G plus password doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Canadians are just smarter Ruedi.
Sign in was never a problem on the old website with Google chrome.

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
I'm on Chrome, too -- without problems. So, now that you explained that you have a problem with using Chrome (not Google), things become clearer: I bet what you're trying to do is login to alfabb.com without putting the www prefix before the domain name. I reported this problem a couple of weeks ago in this post.

And, for the record, this didn't work properly on the old site, either -- it just produced a different kind of error.

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
Good. I'm glad that solved the problem.

I don't remember exactly what happened on the old site (I vaguely recall "page not found" and/or "Invalid URL" errors). The old site would allow you to log in just using the domain name, but thereafter certain links would not load and some functions could not be performed because the session information and the links pointed to 2 different sites.

In essence, the session information of accessing the site with and without the www prefix is kept separate -- one does not know about the other. The fix would actually be quite simple, by configuring a rewrite rule in the apache.conf file on the web server that forces all traffic to (and rewrites the URLs) using the www prefix.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
same issues, if I go to "new posts" thread titles (and the link to thread) will be missing although moving the mouse shows the preview, same thing happens in subscribed threads.

I'm going to try logging out and then logging in to fix
same here - in IE but OK in Chrome. Since Microsoft updates on Tuesday maybe?

over these alfabb site issues now. I run an IT software shop. If my guys pushed out an update as full of bugs as this update they'd be following close behind. Where is Simon???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts