Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put the 164S BB2's wheels with 195-65-15 tires on my 164L BB1.

These are like nearly new tires.

Seems like my white 164B looks better with S wheels than my black 164L.

What do you think?

I think I need to add spacers to at least the rear wheels to get a better look.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I love the meat-slicer S wheels on a black car. It also looks like you have colored center wheel badges like my old black 164S...so maybe I'm biased!

Rear spacer would definitely give a more aggressive "stance."

I like it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looks good! R u gonna get some nice 16" or 17" wheels for you new S? I have an extra set of 16" zenders I have been considering getting rid of...

They are this style

·
Premium Member
27,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks good! R u gonna get some nice 16" or 17" wheels for you new S? I have an extra set of 16" zenders I have been considering getting rid of...

They are this style
I have a set of five of those in 15" in that 5-star Daytona pattern but without the bolt heads around the outer perimeter.

I am on a budget plan with this rehab, so using everything I can from my stock pile of good old and new parts I already have.

OBTW today (rhymes) I installed two OEM front 3mm spacers to move rear wheels out. But first I verifed the longer Chrome bolt I have on the car would still go through the rear hubs to be full thread engagement. Stock 164 alloy wheel bolts are only long enough for one 3mm spacer on rear hub.

I need to get with Charlie Swartz at Serpent Auto dot com and get some wider spacers as I have his long threaded studs and nuts to convert 164 hubs to studs/nuts and need wider spacers so studs don't stick outside wheels. His shorter studs are to short for the 164 OEM alloy wheels.

http://www.serpentautosport.com/HTML/Hub Adapters and Spacers.html

·
Premium Member
27,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Comparing white and black 164 with 164S wheels

Daughter came over with my beloved white Originale 164B today so took some black and white 164 pix with S wheels.

Now tell me that white a 164 doesn't get set off with S wheels. Black Beauty isn't to shabby either.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
both look good

but I think BB looks better with sausage cutters than white does. WHite would look boss with LS wheels tho, but hard to clean --

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I like the L wheels well enough, but I like the S wheels better regardless of the body color. The S wheels look better on my red L too.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
I love the meat-slicer S wheels on a black car. It also looks like you have colored center wheel badges like my old black 164S...so maybe I'm biased!

Rear spacer would definitely give a more aggressive "stance."

I like it.
+1 on that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts